Barely twelve hours after the final whistle blew last night, Chelsea and Udinese are back for the second part of their electric pogalo at Stadio Friuli. Same place, different players (mostly), same result.
Chelsea took a little longer to launch today than yesterday, but it was a super attacking squad from Tuchel and we didn’t have to wait long for the opportunities to start flowing. Unfortunately, the classic Chelsea problem of not being able to finish our chances was in full flow as well, and even when we did find the goal, the goalkeeper either made a great save (different from yesterday but amazing) or Udinese. The line is like Ethan Ampadu’s head from the corner.
Young Armando Bruga was guilty of missing three great chances himself, but ultimately our pressure, quality and superiority made us important in extra time in the first half, when Ruben Loftus-Cheek finished off the best pass from Kovacic. .
The second half was along the same lines, with Loftus-Cheek in particular starting to make things happen. He was going to win a penalty to make things comfortable (Ziyech conversion), and he was unlucky as he didn’t collect another pass or three before clearing the way.
We hope some highlights will be posted soon. Coverage was clearly a bit lacking.
With peace of mind.
- A full rotation from last night: Kepa in goal, Ampadu-Chaluba marching in the back, Gallagher and Kovacic as a very attacking midfielder, flanked by Chilwell and Loftus-Cheek, and Boga up front flanked by Pulisic and Ziyech.
- Half time sub for Hudson-Odoi for Bruges. CHO slot in front.
- Like-for-like (in terms of placements) Subscribe to 67 minutes, Kenedy for Chilwell, Emerson for Sarr, Bettinelli for Kepa
- Subs in 77 Minutes: Gilmore Gallagher. Vale for RLC, CHO moves to right-back
- Next: Everton Away on Saturday, August 6 in the season opener!
“Tv expert. Writer. Extreme gamer. Subtly charming web specialist. Student. Evil coffee buff.”