Tokyo: Eternal Tower It will be out of Early Access and released to converts And PC via steam On June 2 for $11.99 for a publisher Play and developer //public statement announced. It will support English, Japanese and Simplified Chinese language options.
The side scrolling a job roguelike game It was first launched in Early Access for PC via steam On November 7, 2020. It was the release of the Switch previously announced Along with the iOS and Android versions, which were not mentioned in today’s press release. PlayStation 4 version has also been announced Before that.
Here is an overview of the game, via PLAYISM:
You find yourself trapped in a mysterious tower – a tower that changes its structure every 24 hours.
The legacy of your epic struggle must be carved into the hearts of those who defy you like a shrine. Bypass countless poor fallen souls and make your way to the hitherto unseen summit!
Tokyo: Eternal Tower is a 2D social roguelike set in the titular Tower of Perpetuity, filled with monsters and monstrous traps, which are procedurally generated every 24 hours. The title was created by solo independent developer Saebashi under doujin’s personal circle // commentout.
In sharp contrast to the game’s design and overall cute character, the gameplay is packed with challenging boss battles and platforming sequences to put your skills to the test.
The title has attracted the attention of various outlets, even from an early stage of development, and has received the following awards and nominations:
- Xiamen International Animation Festival 2019, won the Best Game Application Award.
- Tokyo Game Show 2018, nominated for Dengeki PlayStation Indie Game Award.
- Tokyo Game Show 2017, nominated for Dengeki PlayStation Indie Game category.
The five characters that you can play as in Tokyo: Eternal Tower It does not have basic attacks. However, each character has a different powerful skill that they can use, but it does come with a cool-down period. Therefore, players must be able to dodge and use items proficiently while the skill cools down.
- Maid from Hell: Cocoa – Skill: knives rotate around the character to act as a shield that also harms enemies
- Automated cleaning robot: Kanae Skill: Shoots continuously in all directions
- Sick Dragon Girl: Shipu de Tell Skill: Fires a long-range continuous laser
- Fox Spirit Kunoichi: Kokuri Skill: Fires a group of shurikens with a cross-homing missile
- The shape-shifting thousand-year-old fox: Imibi – Skill: Sets up a barrier that attacks enemies who breach it
- An auto-generated dungeon that changes daily – This is two-dimensional action game Set in TOKOYO — the Tower of Perpetuity — an ever-changing, deceptive, auto-generated creepy tower with demonic monsters and monstrous traps. Tower of Perpetuity is automatically regenerated by the game server every 24 hours (in real time), allowing players around the world to take over the same dungeon every day, and for only one day. Various traps and tricks await you every day, and you must compete against other players as you fight your way through. The dungeon contains various different branches that offer a certain degree of free choice and randomness.
- light social elements – Social features that use the network have been implemented in the game, a tombstone will be placed where the player meets his end, appearing in other players’ games along with their “remains” and “last words”. Take advantage of the different special skills afforded to each character and compete with other players as you battle to outrun the countless bodies of your less fortunate opponents and battle your way through an impenetrable dungeon.
- Character customization (only available on Steam) – Freely edit and customize skins for your character which will then appear in the game. You can even add opening and ending stories and dialogue to your character to enhance their narrative and character! Take the role of your favorite character and dominate Tokyo: Eternal Tower!
- Custom Official Figures Coming Soon! – We’ve teamed up with famous illustrators, celebrities and game designers to bring you custom characters that you can play alongside the five existing playable characters. We’ll implement it in the game later, so please follow us!
Steam full version
Early Access Steam will receive the following updates via full release patches.
- True Boss implemented.
- True Ending has been performed.
- Achievements implemented.
- The mod features have been improved (the opening story has been added, etc.).
- Group items have been added.
- New map tricks.
- Practice mode with challenging bosses.
- Significant increase in auto-generated variances (over 300!).
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots in the gallery.
“Travel aficionado. Infuriatingly humble reader. Incurable internet specialist.”