PlayStation is official Published The next generation of PlayStation Plus, and it will be a little more complicated for newcomers. As expected, the relaunch of the PlayStation subscription service will integrate the benefits of the PS Plus and PlayStation Now, and provide the highest level of features available on the Xbox Game Pass. When the subscription starts in June, it will be available in three separate layers: PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Plus Extra and PlayStation Plus Premium. The premium subscription will have over 700 games.
The standard PS Plus subscription will be renamed PlayStation Plus Essential. Despite the new name, it is functionally the same services. The PS Plus Essential costs $ 60 per year and includes the same offers each month, including free games, cloud storage, online multiplayer and discounts on select sales.
PlayStation Plus plugins Cost $ 15 per month or $ 100 per year and up to 400 PS4 and PS5 games. The description of Sony’s extra layer is a bit vague, but subscribers can download games from the library on their console to play. This includes first-party and third-party games. Considering the number of games in this layer, it looks like a combination of PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now, which will be discontinued in June. Current PlayStation Now subscribers will initially be converted to PS Plus additional subscribers.
The masonry is very expensive, PlayStation Plus Premium, Featuring “up to 340 extra games” against the extra layer. The PlayStation Plus premium costs $ 18 per month or $ 120 per year. Additional games of the premium layer, with the original PlayStation, PS2, PS3 and BSP games with more focus on the PlayStation Pack Catlock. PS3 games will be locked to cloud streaming, but at least other backward compatible classics will be downloaded.
Comes with two offers including Premium Layer, Limited Time Game Tests and Cloud Streaming on PC. All three subscription layers are available on PS5 and PS4, however PS5 users will have access to more games.
PlayStation has confirmed a few PS5 and PS4 games that are initially available for extra and premium subscribers:
- Death Tronding
- God of War
- Marvel’s Spider-Man
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morals
- Mortal Combat11
- Return (PS5 Exclusive)
The PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium will initially be available in Asia, but North American and European users will also be able to subscribe in June. If you live in an area where cloud streaming is not supported on PlayStation, you will have the opportunity to subscribe to PlayStation Plus Deluxe at a lower price. Prices for the US, Europe, UK and Japan can be found below.
PlayStation Plus Essential
- United States – $ 10 / month | $ 15 / quarter | $ 60 / year
- Europe – € 9 / month | 25 / quarter | 60 / year
- United Kingdom – £ 7 / month | £ 20 / quarter | 50 / year
- Japan – 850 / month | 2,150 / quarter | 5,143 / year
PlayStation Plus plugins
- United States – $ 15 / month | $ 40 / quarter | $ 100 / year
- Europe – € 14 / month | 40 / quarter | 100 / year
- United Kingdom – £ 11 / month | £ 32 / Call | 84 / year
- Japan – 1,300 / month | 3,600 / quarter | 8,600 / year
PlayStation Plus Premium
- United States – $ 18 / month | $ 50 / quarter | $ 120 / year
- Europe – € 17 / month | 50 / quarter | 120 / year
- United Kingdom – 13.49 / month | 40 / quarter | 100 / year
- Japan – ¥ 1,550 / month | 4,300 / quarter | 10,250 / year
“Communicator. Music aficionado. Certified bacon trailblazer. Travel advocate. Subtly charming social media fanatic.”