In a clip of filmmaker Alex Holder’s documentary obtained by CNN, a member of his staff showed an email containing a draft House resolution calling for the implementation of the 25th Amendment to remove Benz Trump from power. Documentary.
Pence says “yes, awesome” when he gives his assistant the phone with an email. He then smiles angrily and asks the assistant “Tell me to print a hard copy for the trip home”. Pence then assembles himself for the rest of the interview.
The next clip shows Benz saying, “I’m always been optimistic about America,” in the context of the crew erecting a security fence around the Capitol building.
Footage of a previously unpublished Benz interview was captured within a week of pro-Trump rebels attacking the US capital in an attempt to block Joe Biden’s election victory certificate. Benz had to be evacuated to safety amid protesters calling for him to “hang Mike Pence.”
In a short clip of the forthcoming documentary about CNN’s parent company, Discovery Plus, Benz did not comment on the content of the resolution. But the video is now a small sample of the extra content the team has. However, during his interview, the documentary states that the former vice president refused to discuss anything related to January 6.
Holder, the filmmaker, appeared Thursday behind closed doors for a confession to the committee on Jan. 6, almost six months after he was behind the scenes to key Trump figures and the former president himself.
In a clip of an interview with Trump in Mar-a-Lago on March 2021, the former president was asked directly what happened on January 6.
“Well, it’s a sad day, but it was a day of great anger in our country, and more people went to Washington because they were angry at the election that they think was a fraud,” Trump said.
“A small part, you know, went to the Capitol, and then a very small part of them went inside,” Trump continued. “But I can tell you that they were angry from the standpoint of what happened in the election because they were smart, they see, they saw what happened. I hope this is a big part of what happened on January 6th.”
Holder’s “unprecedented” three-part documentary on the 2020 election will be released later this summer on Discovery Plus. The documentary contains scenes never seen before in the Trump family’s campaign trail and their reactions to the election results.
Trump and his allies have not yet publicly responded to the news that Holder has been sabotaged by the group or to what has now been revealed in interviews held by the group.
According to clips released by Discovery Plus and clips obtained from CNN, the documentary features interviews with Trump and his three children: Ivanka, Dan Jr. and Eric.
Like Trump, his family members speak directly to the camera. These interviews may provide a fresh perspective on what those close to the former president said before and after January 6th.
In a short film obtained by CNN from December 2020, Ivanka Trump told the filmmaker, “Every vote must be counted and heard, as the president said. He campaigned for the voiceless.”
Those comments seem to contradict the sentiment he expressed in the documentary interview.
In this documentary Benz talks in detail about the process of choosing Trump as his partner. He talks about Trump inviting his family to his garden in Bedminster, New Jersey, and playing golf with the then GOP candidate as part of his testing campaign.
Before watching Trump’s interview clip, the documentary notes how Trump attacked Pence on January 6, as rioters called for his execution.
“I think I treat people well. If they don’t treat me well, you go to war,” Trump says.
The story has been updated to include Benz’s letter to Speaker Pelosi refusing to implement the 25th Amendment.
“Communicator. Music aficionado. Certified bacon trailblazer. Travel advocate. Subtly charming social media fanatic.”