February 7, 2023

Tamar Hamlin returned to the Bills facility less than 2 weeks after the heart attack

Tamar Hamlin’s road to recovery took him back to the top Buffalo BillsTeam facility, within two weeks for him A life-threatening heart attack “Monday Night Football.”

The Bills safety visited his teammates in New York’s Orchard Park on Saturday, as shown via the safety’s Instagram Story. Matt Milano. Hamlin appeared in good spirits, smiling and shaking hands with his teammate:

The The Associated Press confirmed Hamlin’s arrival SaturdayThe bills are scheduled to be addressed a day earlier Miami Dolphins in the wild-card round of the NFL playoffs.

Hamlin was there He was discharged from a Buffalo area hospital on Wednesday, initially after spending a week at the Cincinnati Medical Center. In a statement released by the Bills, Hamlin’s care team leader said a “comprehensive medical evaluation” led to the conclusion that he could be safely discharged.

For a story that started so horribly, his progress since collapsing on the field during a game against Hamlin has been remarkably positive. Cincinnati Bengals And to revive.

Hamlin was rushed to UC Medical Center and put on a breathing tube. Three days later, Hamlin is still in critical condition. His doctors declared him neurologically intact and beginning to awaken. A day later, the breathing tube was out and Hamlin was Talking to his family and teammates.

Hamlin was there A week after the heart attack, Buffalo was allowed to return, but had to spend a few days at Buffalo Hospital for additional testing. Now, he is back at work and talking to his colleagues.

While all of this was going on, the NFL community and others rallied around Hamlin, offering well-wishes and a large donation to a two-year-old GoFundMe to help the player get his kids a toy drive. Mother’s daycare. As of Saturday, the fundraiser is on It grossed around $8.9 million.

Tamar Hamlin is back in Buffalo and seems to be thriving. (AP Photo/Joshua Peseks, File)