November 29, 2022

Prince William and Prince Harry did not meet on Jubilee, Sussex got 15 minutes with the Queen

Prince William and Prince Harry did not meet on Jubilee, Sussex got 15 minutes with the Queen

Welcome to this week’s edition of my king, The Daily Beast’s newsletter for everything related to the royal family and the royal family. Subscription over here To get it in your inbox every Sunday.

Put 15 minutes on the clock please

Attentive readers will remember this Friday of last week The Daily Beast reported It is “highly unlikely” that Queen Elizabeth She’s attending a rumored birthday party for her great-granddaughter Lilibet at Frogmore Cottage on Saturdays.”

It now turns out that not only did the Queen attend the party, but Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were given just a 15-minute ‘official’ audience with the King to introduce their baby Lillibet to her great-grandmother.

ouch.

source . said Sun: “It was a quick check-in and check-out process. Everything was completely official.” The palace declined to comment. However, the claim does rhyme with messages the king repeatedly heard during the jubilee holiday: glorification and veneration The Queen and what Harry, Meghan or anyone else wanted was completely secondary.

Pictures of Lillipett with her grandmother have not appeared, lending increasing credence to unusual claims that the palace prevented Harry and Meghan from taking such a photo for fear of it being used to bolster their royal credentials.

It was certainly a weekend with no major signs of reconciliation. Sunday timesfor example, confirms rumors It circulated that William and Harry “didn’t spend special time together during Jubilee, and the broken relationship isn’t about to mend any time soon.” A friend, speaking of the way Harry and Meghan quit their royal roles and subsequent actions, said William “remains deeply upset about it and frustrated, but it has continued”.

As royal analyst and former royal editor of a newspaper Sunmemorably said Duncan Larcombe daily monster This week, “The Royal Family seemed to offer an olive branch, but it turns out it was a baseball bat.”

The Queen was “overwhelmed” during the final jubilee

Queen Elizabeth was “crying and overwhelmed with emotion” during the closing ceremony of the Platinum Jubilee celebrations, The daily Mail Reports. However, it almost never appeared on the balcony of Buckingham Palace. A source told Mail: “The Queen had only decided that she was going to London about three hours before the balcony came up. She was not stunned but the Prince of Wales called her and told her she should come if she could. He told her there were a lot of people desperate to see her and he persuaded her to come.”

Chris Jackson / Getty Images

When she got there and realized the general feeling about her, one source said: “The Queen was completely overwhelmed by the number of people waiting to see her – tears were in her eyes before she went out onto the balcony.”

The source pointed out that we should expect to see a little from the Queen. “Over time, the Queen will revert to being a more virtual queen with the advent of digital and video calling.”

Cambridge will move to Windsor House

The irony of Prince William selling a homeless newspaper The big issue This week was not wasted on The Daily Beast that by title her story On the matter, “Prince William – who has 3 homes – is getting close to being a homeless man for charity.”

Well, now it turns out that the long-circulating rumor that William and Kate will actually move to Windsor is true, with Sunday times’ Well-sourced Roya Nikah always states that the move will happen in time for the new school year, with the couple moving into a house on the Windsor manor before taking Windsor Castle itself, as the Queen said, “time full.”

Royal correspondent Robert Jobson tweeted on Sunday that the move goes against much of what was said when expensive renovations to Kensington Palace were carried out.

William’s “deep sadness” over the truth of the succession

Nikah’s comprehensive analysis of William at the age of 40 Sunday timesMentioned above, is basic reading. It quoted a “close aide” as saying that William, seemingly musing about recent royal engagements, was not particularly looking forward to the next chapter in royal life.

“There is a sense of an accelerated future towards him, which is deeply saddened – though he would never say so publicly – by the hint that his grandmother will not be around anymore, and the additional stresses of his father and family under more scrutiny.”

In the wake of Prince Louis’ role in Jubilee’s scene-stealing, the report adds a comment from a source that says William and Kate “appreciate that children have a huge role in public life and felt the Jubilee was an opportune moment for them” to be visible, bringing an added nice dynamic that we all didn’t expect. “.

Subscription over here For the latest royal news and gossip with Tom Sykes and Tim Tieman.

Prince Andrew left for Scotland. Can.

There is an old royal tradition of sending annoying family members to faraway places. Edward VIII was sent to the Bahamas and then to Paris to keep him out of sight after his abdication, for example. Now it looks like Prince Andrew could be transported to colder and more regrettable Scotland.

The infamous Duke – who on Monday will make what could be his last-ever public appearance at the annual gathering of the Order of the Garter, which the Queen is not expected to attend – is the subject of the palace’s plot to find a new role for him.

Richard Paul / Getty Images

Great source in the palace . said daily Mail: “Obviously, sometime soon, a thought will have to be given to how to support the Duke as he, far from public view, is slowly striving to rebuild his life in a different direction.”

The Mail He says that while Andrew was “determined to keep his property at the Royal Lodge” in Windsor, “one option for him may be to rebuild his life in Scotland”. The subtle juxtaposition of the two diametrically opposed concepts suggests that perhaps Prince Andrew I, like everyone else, heard of his plan when he opens the newspaper.

The source at the palace added: “There is, of course, a real awareness and sensitivity to public sentiments. There is also an acknowledgment that the task of starting to support him as he begins to rebuild his life will be the first step on a long road and one that should not be done every day in full view of the public spotlight.”

In other words, clear up, my friend.

Former owner of his chalet says Andrew is an ‘absolute idiot’

News of the discussions about Andrew’s future comes as French socialite Isabelle de Rovere called him an “absolute idiot”, who unwisely allowed him to delay a payment of several million euros after he bought her ski chalet in Verbier – after which he faced a terrifying nightmare. get money from him.

d rover was talking to telegraph After reports came in of another Swiss couple, they were caught up in a legal dispute over Andrew’s alleged debt of around $2 million. They reportedly prevented the sale of the chalet, which may explain why it was so long overdue. Takedown carts were finally spotted there last week.

Ms. de Rovere, who finally got her money back this year, said the Duke and Duchess of York were “so crazy”, adding: “He’s an absolute idiot and I can’t understand how he’s going in his life. I’m lucky that a deal has been struck and it’s the end of it for me. I’m fed up with everything … I don’t understand how it works and I feel very sorry for the people who are with him in business. ”

This week in royal history

Happy 4th birthday to daughter Lena Tindall, Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall on June 18!

Unanswered questions

Why does Prince Andrew attend the Order of Rabat on Monday? Do the Queen and her royal advisors really think the public wants Prince Andrew back into public life?

Do you like The Daily Beast’s proprietary coverage? Participation over here To get proprietary newsletters sent directly to your inbox.