With over two decades of work on their side, Kyau and Albert are names that every trance fan is familiar with. As their release their 5th studio album, Matching stories and also happen to complete 20 years with their record label Euphonic, we sit down with them and discuss everything from music to tours and plans ahead.
1) Hi! Firstly, congratulations on the release of Matching Stories! It’s you fifth studio album! How does it feel having released it?
Ralph Kyau: Really happy that the album is out. It was a lot of work and also hard choice to select the tracks for the final album. We did much more demos as we finally took on the album. Don’t know exact number but guess we made almost 50 demos over 1.5 years.
MATCHING STORIES is out today <3 <3 <3 Get CD at http://shop.euphonic.de + Digital/stream at https://euphonic.lnk.to/EUPH244
2) What was the idea behind naming the album Matching Stories?
Steven Albert: We had a couple of name ideas for the album and Matching Stories pretty much tells what we mean with choosing the final 14 tracks from so many tracks we produced for the album.
3) How have your fans responded to the album until now? Has it matched your expectations?
Ralph Kyau: We’re excited about the response from our fans about the album, especially about the German vocal tracks like ‘Mein Herz’.
Steven Albert: It is the first time that I sing in my mother tongue. There are 2 tracks and all of my German friends love it. Not sure if it is for our fans who don’t speak German, but I haven’t heard any negative feedback. We have all lyrics in the CD booklet, so people can read and learn some German, haha.
4) We see you experimenting and being open to do a lot more vocal collaborations in this album. How did it all happen?
Ralph Kyau: Our plan was to make the album diverse with female vocalists while listening and set a contrast to Steven’s male voice. We wanted to have some female vocalists who did’t worked at too many Trance releases before.
5) “Love letter from the future”, your collaboration with Adaja Black, narrates a love story that wasn’t successful. What inspired the track? Is it based on a real-life story or experience?
Steven Albert: Adaja Black wrote the lyrics to an instrumental we sent her.
6) Which artist/vocalist did you look forward to collaborating with the most?
Ralph Kyau: I was really interested to work with Adaja again. She was on our last 2 albums before and we like her alot, also we were really interested to work with Jeza for the first time as we always loved her voice. Started to work with Jeza end of last year. The contact to Madeleine Wood came through Francesco Sambero, who both worked with us on one track of the album called Gamla Stan.
7) If you had to pick one track from “Matching stories” to which you were most connected to, which track would it be?
Steven Albert: I love the album in whole, every track is a story for me.
8) With the album having come out, can we expect an album tour to follow soon? Which cities would you be looking forward to performing at?
Ralph Kyau: We kicked off the album tour in early June with a 6 hour set at Avalon Hollywood and will still tour around the world till early 2018. For all dates best to check kyauandalbert.com or our socials.
9) You have released your 5th artist album and your record label, Euphonic records also completes 20 years this year! Two milestone events in your career! How are you celebrating both? And how does it feel to have achieved so much?
Steven Albert: As the artist album is finished we plan now two E.P.’s under 20 years Euphonic and an album end of the year.
Ralph Kyau: Right now we’re updating our 10 year old remix for “6am” by Cressida. Additional a few label acts do remixes for big Euphonic classics. All these remixes to be featured under 20 years Euphonic. For example remixer names here are Beatsole, Stoneface & Terminal, Johnny Yono, Maywave, Steve Brian pres Cabriolet Paris.
10) What does the future have in store for Kyau & Albert and Euphonic? Any big releases or news?
Steven Albert: New originals soon by Beatsole, Steve Brian and Maywave. But much more planned.
Ralph Kyau: Our collab ‘Changes’ with Hello Machines gets a single soon, also ‘Mein Herz’ gets a single including a Trance remix. Furthermore, we’re doing a collab with our long term label mate Ronski Speed right now. This one is getting huge! Release later this year.
Thank you so much for your time! And all the best for all your future endeavours!
You can get their album here
Album link: Matching Stories: album CD & Digital/stream
Follow them on their various social media handles here!
FACEBOOK |SOUNDCLOUD | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM |WEBSITE |
Forbes announces the Highest Paid DJs of 2017
As part of their yearly routine, Forbes reveal it’s list of highest paid...