Rams Quarterback Matthew Stafford He has made a lot of money in his 13 year NFL career. He will earn a lot in the coming seasons.
PFT obtained its contract details from a source that knew the numbers. Full details of the four-year extension are here.
1. Signed bonus: $ 60 million.
2. 2022 Base Salary: $ 1.5 Million, Full Guarantee.
3. 2023 Optional Bonus: $ 26 million, fully guaranteed until 2023.
4. 2023 Base Salary: $ 1.5 Million, Fully Guaranteed at Signing.
5. 2024 Base Salary: $ 31 million, fully guaranteed in 2023.
6. 2025 roster bonus: $ 5 million, payable on the third day of the 2025 league year.
7. 2025 Base Salary: $ 27 million, of which $ 10 million will be fully guaranteed in 2024.
8. 2026 roster bonus: $ 5 million, payable on the third day of the 2026 league year.
9. 2026 Base Salary: $ 26 million.
This is a $ 160 million extension over four years. At the time of signing, it was a five-year, $ 183 million contract.
So the new cash average is $ 40 million. The total value to be signed is $ 36.6 million per year. Pays the fully guaranteed $ 63 million when the contract is signed.
In terms of market, this is a good deal for the Rams. And it almost compensates for giving Jared Koff $ 33.5 million per year in 2019.
“Communicator. Music aficionado. Certified bacon trailblazer. Travel advocate. Subtly charming social media fanatic.”