I’ve had a Seahawks receiver, but not by much DK Metcalfe to break the bank.
The recipient for the fourth year agreed to the terms of a three-year extension. PFT obtained the details of the new deal, from a source with direct knowledge of the contract.
here they are:
1. Signature bonus: $30 million.
2. Base salary for 2022: $1 million, fully guaranteed.
3. Option Bonus 2023: $12 million, injury guaranteed, fully guaranteed on the fifth day after the start of the 2023 waiver period.
4. Base salary for 2023: $2.22 million, injury-guaranteed, fully guaranteed on the fifth day after the start of the 2023 exemption period.
5. 2024 base salary: $13 million, injury-guaranteed, fully guaranteed on the fifth day after the start of the 2024 exemption period.
6. Base salary for 2025: $18 million.
It’s a three-year, $72 million extension. It’s also a four-year contract worth $76.22 million.
The deal includes $30 million fully guaranteed upon signature, plus another $28.22 million in guarantees maturing early in each of the following quarters.
It is the largest signing bonus ever received by the recipient. First-year cash flow ($31 million) is also a record for his position. He will also earn – and will receive by hand – $43 million by next May.
The deal does not include any bonus listings for each game.
The best news for Metcalf is that the deal makes it a free agency at age 27, because it’s just a three-year extension. Most teams usually don’t.
“Tv expert. Writer. Extreme gamer. Subtly charming web specialist. Student. Evil coffee buff.”