Prince Harry and Meghan Markle knew they were ‘Uninvited’ from an official reception To world leaders and foreign royals after reading press reports, multiple sources say to Page Six.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, from Join the royal family Last week in mourning for Queen Elizabeth II in London, an invitation was sent out for the event scheduled for Sunday night, we were told.
However, a spokesman for King Charles III confirmed to Page Six that “the invitation is for working members of the Royal Family only.”
A royal source told us, “Harry and Meghan have already been invited and no one told them they weren’t invited.”
“I was told that they found out that they had only been invited by reading press reports,” adds a palace insider.
President Joe Biden, French President Emmanuel Macron and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau are expected to attend the reception hosted by Charles and Queen Camilla ahead of the Queen’s funeral on Monday.
Guests will also be welcomed by the Prince and Princess of Wales, Princess Royal, Earl and Countess of Wessex at the Buckingham Palace Reception.
Amid the confusion, Harry will join his brother, Prince William, and their cousins on Saturday night for a vigil for the King, who is lying in Westminster Hall. And the king and his brothers stayed up Friday night.
Throughout the week, sources close to the Sussex have been keen to ensure that the couple will do whatever is asked of them.
Harry – who was stripped of his military titles when he and Markle resigned from their royal duties in January 2020 – was ready Not wearing a uniform During any events, but after a detour from Buckingham Palace, The former army officer will wear his uniform during a vigil on Saturday.
At the time, a source told us, “Prince Harry was simply willing to wear what his grandmother had planned. He’s focused on honoring her and that’s it.”
“Hipster-friendly explorer. Award-winning coffee fanatic. Analyst. Problem solver. Troublemaker.”